Elliott Wave 5.0 "Reboot"

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Elliottwave5, "The Gateway To Cycle Degree Elliott Wave Analysis"


In the last several months I have been very busy with posting and maintenance on my new site,
 ElliottWave5.Com | The Gateway To Cycle Degree Elliott Wave Analysis.

When I looked at some of my stats I saw that the majority of visitors to my new site came from a direct link from Elliottwave 5.0 "Reboot".  I consider this free blog as a Gateway to Elliottwave5.   I will be doing some posting here, but with no set times or frequencies.  I will try and post something every month or so, but in general there may only be scattered postings to keep the free readers entertained and informed from time to time.

We still get 100-200 pages read per day on this blog, so that is a huge drop from 1000 or so pages read per day. This was all expected as the initial rush to the new site at EW5 has now settled down.

About 2 new members sign up every day to get their month free access to all my work. During the week I also  try and post 2-3 times per day, so there is always a fresh wave count going up during the week.

As of July, 16, 2016 many of the membership fees have been reduced to a flat rate for everyone. What differs between the plans is the amount of time you can buy at once.

This now works better for different budgets, and works out to about $7.50 USD per month.
Like a Netfix subscription, just cheaper. You can sign on with a $15 two month membership, so this effectively doubles your time that you would have had to pay for this entry level membership.  

My theme for the new blog is that it is a "Gateway" which means all my work is done using Cycle degree (or lower) wave analysis.  I started switching to this lower degree in mid 2013. I have not had to switch back up one higher degree again, and so far nothing that the markets have done for the last three years, has changed my mind.  This is the longest time that I have ever stayed in a certain degree, and I view that as a very good sign.  Now we just have to figure out where the home is for the real Cycle degree wave three.  Did a Cycle degree wave 3 top finish behind us in time, or is it still to come in the next few years or so?

My work is dedicated to finding the real home for Cycle degree wave 3, so if you're expecting fancy trade setups, or some impressive SC and GSC degree wave counting gymnastics, you will not find them on the new blog.


All the wave analysts in the world follow a certain degree, but that degree must also get confirmed in some way or another. The best way to confirm any count is when a 5 wave sequence develops and see what degree this 5 wave impulse really is.  Every degree correction has a specific idealized wave count that we should have, and to draw them out is still the best way to visualize them.

The cutoff is the degree of any 5 waves, that the markets can throw at us.   Five waves down in Intermediate degree would be my maximum that I can have after any Cycle degree wave 3 top, so when wave analysts start looking for 5 waves down in Primary degree, I know they are working in a SC, GSC or higher degree level.

The majority of all expert wave analysts today are using at least a wave count, 1-2 degrees higher than what I work with, but they "ALL" need  the same Cycle degree tops like I do.  In a very blunt, and simple statement, "we will never find the highest degree levels if we don't find all the lower degree levels first".  It is strictly a mathematical and sequential thing, so the changing of a degree is not something you should do without any thought or any review.


All the problems with high degree wave counting is that it produces the herd mentality.  The SC degree herd and the GSC degree herd have for 16 years, been chasing a degree and wave pattern that they must have, yet these 5 waves going down, have never happened since the 1930s bear market.

This is a pretty impressive wave count targeting such a rare wave and degree, in well over 80 some years.

Elliott wave is easier to figure out,  if we use well drawn idealized charts, as I always say, that you have to "see" the waves before you can count them. Wave counting is just a secondary act of confirming what we think we see.

What is worse today than it ever was is that expert wave counters make no distinction between an impulse 5 wave move and a diagonal 5 wave move. They are two different weave structures and they should never be labeled with he same sequence. The Diagonal5 like I like to call them, can happen in any 5th wave in any degree, so the Diagoanl5 work like a location beacon.  Since this summer I started to look at the markets with a diagonal perspective, and all I can say is they are everywhere.

They are so numerous, but yet the book only dedicates a small section to diagonal waves.


I leave you with an idealized Diagoanl5 decline, with 5 waves in Minor degree.  They are both the same and if you want to entertain yourself, try duplicating it on the empty template on the right, after you print it out.  Of course that may sound simple enough, but can you do it without any mistakes the first time you try?